Full-time management position with responsibilities for providing the overall strategic asset management direction for Newport on the Levee, including center’s merchandising, tenant sales maximization, community involvement, tenant and guest relations, implementation of the leasing, and specialty-leasing programs, contract management, budgeting, collections, and expense control. The General Manager is responsible and accountable for the operational and financial performance of the retail center. Supervises all departments involved in the operation of the retail shopping center. This position is supervised by the SVP of Property Operations.
In order to perform daily duties and responsibilities, the General Manager - Newport on the Levee must:
• Responsible for the overall profitability of Newport on the Levee by maximizing tenant sales and superior portfolio financial management and control.
• Develops an annual business plan and operating/capital budgets to sufficiently meet property needs and ensures that the property stays within budget and exceeds stated NOI goals and objectives.
• Full financial responsibility of the property: budgeting, re-forecasting, improving net income beyond the approved budget.
• Collects all billed rent and charges in full and on time.
• Constantly evaluates the needs of the property and recommends improvements and actions as required.
• Supervise and oversee security, hospitality, janitorial, landscaping, concierge, and parking, including walk- throughs, meetings, and work orders.
• Ensures effective cost control and profitability for the property, including negotiating contracts, authorizing expenditures, reviewing monthly profit and loss statements.
• Maintain a responsive open line of communication with tenants, including handling tenant complaints, lease enforcement, and preparation of amendments.
• Responsible for contract services and performance management, including negotiation, renewals, supervision, and termination.
• Responsible for overall Parking operations to eliminate parking issues and perceptions – cleanliness, efficient traffic flow, expense control, profitability, contract maintenance.
Provide leadership to achieve objectives and goals.
• Work with Marketing and Sponsorship divisions on events and campaigns designed to drive traffic and sales to the property.
• Ensures compliance with corporate personnel policies and applicable laws.
• Executes approved projects in a timely manner – ensures scope accuracy and compliance.
• Promotes effective business relationships both inside and outside the company.
• Ensures compliance with established department operating procedures.
• Interviews, manages, evaluates, and develops new and existing department staff.
• Sets goals and evaluates performance.
• Oversees general office operations.
• Maintains positive relationships with local community and key city officials and departments.
• Works closely with local law enforcement. Has good working knowledge of political and regulatory changes that may impact property operations. Takes corrective action and informs others as required.
• Handles customer complaints.
• Working knowledge of other departments. Ability to provide interface and cohesiveness with the numerous departments that support the property.
• Executes administrative or operational matters and ensures effective achievement of objectives.
• Schedule and attends weekly staff meetings.
• Create and deliver presentations and tours to colleagues, investors, community groups, and the like.
• Supervise all special events and holiday planning, including but not limited to Signature Events, Tree Lighting, and holiday décor installation.
• Thorough knowledge of retail shopping center operations, including center merchandising concepts and strategies and techniques to maximize tenant sales and profitability.
• Thorough knowledge of the operations of a shopping center including conformance to budget standards and the day- to-day operation of maintenance security and housekeeping functions.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• May be required to work holidays, weekends, and nights.
• Ability to work a rotating schedule during the hours the center is operating.
• Ability to analyze budget numbers for conformance to budgetary guidelines.
• Ability to monitor and develop subordinates to ensure the smooth operation of the center.
• Must be able to inspect each property daily.
• Must be able to cope with shifting priorities, demanding situations, and deadlines.
• Must respond to the property seven days a week, 24 hours a day, to handle emergencies.
• Must be highly organized.
• B.A. or B.S. 3-year degree or equivalent.
• Three to five years experience as a General Manager preferable in Property Management
• Excellent communication skills - verbal and written.
• Standing up to 8 hours a day
• Walking up to 8 hours a day
• Lifting and carrying up to 35 pounds for at least 15 minutes at a time
• Using a telephone
• Communicating verbally in person and on the telephone
• Bending up to 4 hours a day
• Working outdoors up to 8 hours a day
• Ability to climb ladders and stairs
• Ability to use a computer
• Ability to multi-task
The General Manager position will include an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, life, and 401(k). It will provide a competitive salary based on the candidate’s experience.
To learn more about Newport on the Levee, please visit https://www.newportonthelevee.com/
NAP upholds a professional and deadline‐oriented working environment in an office setting. At NAP we live our values of Relationships, Ownership, Agility, Strength and Stability, Courage and Creativity, Empowerment and Integrity.
North American Properties, LLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Date Posted: 06-02-21