Overview of Job Description
North American Properties Atlanta, Ltd. is seeking a highly motivated, innovative, and organized Maintenance Associate to join the Avalon team.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to: Management and maintenance of day to day operations of the property and the engineering team, overall safety of guests and employees of the property, manage day of operations of all Avalon events, manage all contractors working on tenant build outs, and work closely with all employees of the property. This candidate must have a positive attitude and multi task effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities
In order to perform daily duties and responsibilities, the Maintenance Associate - Avalon must:
Preventative Maintenance Program
- Utilize Building Engines to schedule regular maintenance of items/operations on the property
- Plan, schedule and execute Preventative Maintenance Program
- Inspect and Manage painting of exterior building finishes as needed.
- Manage other painting tasks as requested.
Mechanical / Electrical Operations
- Ensure the all electrical plugs and phone jacks for common area, Avalon Management Office, and retail carts are in proper working order.
- Maintain all common area heaters, sign holders, acrylic brochure holders in a good state of repair.
- Perform electrical wiring repairs and minor telecommunication cable repairs.
- Manage and repair overhead lighting ballasts, bulbs, and lenses as required in both exterior & interior common areas.
- Manage the repair any vandalism.
- Oversee and work with service team for maintenance of all elevators.
- Check elevator equipment pit for leaks and malfunctions.
- Music System – responsible for ensuring Music system is working properly, on the correct station and is in good repair.
Oversee General Maintenance
- Furniture – Manage and maintain all common area furniture, i.e.., tables, chairs, benches, umbrellas, trash and ash burn in a good stare of repair. Ensure that chairs and tables have black feet, umbrellas frames are sturdy and attached by bolt to bases and report any paint chipping to management. Oversee refurbishing of furniture as needed.
- Manage Property Signage - Maintain all parking lot and building signage (excluding tenant signage) in a good state of repair.
- Maintain Storage - Organize, maintain and inventory material/supplies within all storage areas and containers, janitorial closets, electrical rooms and attic spaces. Provide inventory to management and update quarterly. Ensure that storage complies with all applicable fire, health and safety codes.
- Flooring - Maintain all walkway tile, grout, and expansion joints, with like materials to match existing (unless directed otherwise).
- Oversee replacement of ceiling tiles in common areas as needed.
- Manage repair of any broken fencing or metal bollards.
- Manage the repair any damaged landscape or hardscape items.
- Oversee all necessary maintenance checks for property vehicles and equipment and provide records to management.
- Manage minor repairs to property owned equipment and vehicles.
- Manage all Avalon events held at the center.
- Manage installation and replacement of pole mounted banners for ad campaigns and seasonal festivities. Fold and restock seasonal banners for following year.
Tenant Build Outs and Leasing
- Oversee and manage tenant turnover from a property rules perspective; ensure contractors on property are abiding by center rules, ensure timeline of build out is being followed.
- Oversee and maintain all retail kiosks in a good state of repair and condition, ie., lighting, painting, wheels, latches, wiring, framework and awnings.
- Black out windows in vacant spaces as they become available
Fire, Life, Safety
- Manage all common area Fire Extinguishers are in a current charge state and are maintained and permitted per code.
- Oversee inspection all fire sprinkler systems weekly to ensure all valves are in the OPEN status.
- Manage and maintain chains and locks on all backflow devices.
- Oversee that all ground electrical / phone plug boxes all have caps when not in use.
- Manage the inspection of any possible liability hazards (i.e. trip and fall, etc.) and rectify / report them to management a.s.a.p. Inspect all wheel stops to ensure rebar dowels are not above the concrete surface and for stability.
- Oversee and perform periodic property inspection walks with management and respective vendors.
- All other duties and responsibilities as requested by management staff.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate:
Must possess excellent communication skills, be well organized. Must also be computer literate and able to use programs such as Word and Excel. The equivalent of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or related trade schools a plus.
Qualifications and Requirements
Must have a solid understanding of and be qualified to operate heating, ventilating and air conditioning equipment, pumps, electrical and lighting systems, plumbing systems, alarm systems, monitoring systems, music systems and all other common area components of the buildings.
This position is active and regularly requires standing and lifting or moving items up to 50 pounds. The employee will have to be mobile to move about all properties and use equipment typically utilized in the maintenance / construction field to perform work duties as outlined in the above job description. Must be able to drive. The employee must be able to read manuals, safety materials, operational guides to equipment and service contracts. The employee must be able to hear and speak well enough to communicate with management, co-workers, vendors, contractors, tenants and customers. The employee is required to sit, stoop, kneel or crouch, climb and use hands to handle, grasp, feel and reach.
Standard attire shall include a beige Avalon shirt, black pant with belt, black shoes and socks. Uniforms shall be kept in a clean and in orderly fashion.
Work Schedule and Location:
Full - Time, 40 hours weekly. Must be flexible, willing to work weekends. Schedule may change weekly depending on the needs of the property.
Compensation and Benefits
This position will include an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, life, and 401(k). It will provide a competitive salary based on the candidate’s experience.
About North American Properties
To learn more about Avalon, please visit https://www.experienceavalon.com/
NAP upholds a professional and deadline‐oriented working environment in an office setting. At NAP we live our values of Relationships, Ownership, Agility, Strength and Stability, Courage and Creativity, Empowerment and Integrity.
North American Properties, LLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We look forward to hearing from you!