Overview of Job Description
The Marketing Director will be responsible for helping bring the property to life—showcasing, marketing and selling the property and its attributes to guests, partners, tenants, retailers, business leaders, the media and the surrounding community.
Duties and Responsibilities
In order to perform daily duties and responsibilities, the Marketing Director must:
- Direct and manage the property’s entire marketing function, ensuring that strategic objectives, deliverables and deadlines are consistently met.
- Lead, coach and inspire a high-performing marketing & events team, aligning it with NAP’s core values and purpose.
- Create and execute an annual integrated marketing plan that sets a strategic vision for the property, differentiating it locally, as well as positioning it prominently for national success.
- Prepare and manage the annual marketing budget and generate reports throughout the year, ensuring budgets are complete, accurate and adhered to.
- Design and implement a program management process that ensures strategic coordination, proper prioritization right manpower, quality control, timely delivery and measurement.
- Develop and manage strategic marketing initiatives, producing sophisticated marketing collateral, print and digital advertising, newsletters and other related marketing assets.
- Manage and champion the property’s brand, ensuring it drives and builds brand affinity, while remaining on strategy.
- Create, plan and deliver multiple property events per month, managing events from conception to contract negotiation and planning to flawless execution.
- Ideate and curate memorable events, creating compelling activations, event branding, marketing collateral, signage, sponsorship and publicity programs.
- Oversee public relations for the property, including generating story ideas, maintaining effective media relations and measuring PR effectiveness. Serve as a figure head for the property when needed, adept and able to communicate key factors about the property, its projects, events and tenants.
- Manage digital marketing strategies and activities for the property, including the property's website, strategy, development, and measurement, as well as oversight of regular website updates and maintenance.
- Working with the Social Media Manager, create, curate and manage the property's social media strategy and design, exponentially driving growth of the property's social media channels with compelling content that develops and expands the property's social community and influencer outreach.
- Develop and execute long-running internal and external communication campaigns with guests, tenants and key external audiences.
- Collaborate with third-party brokers to strategically market the property to both office and retail tenants.
- Other responsibilities and projects as assigned by the General Manager.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate:
The Marketing Director serves as a critical member of the management team for the property and is therefore expected to interact with internal and external contacts daily, as well as participate in the Manager on Duty rotation, staff meetings and other relevant management responsibilities. The Marketing Director must be deadline-driven, detail-oriented and a team player with a positive attitude who demonstrates flexibility. Responsibilities may require an adjusted work schedule, travel, overtime and working evening and weekend hours in order to meet objectives and deadlines.
Portfolio demonstrating current or past work may be required upon request.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with emphasis in marketing, communications or business administration
- 7+ years of relevant experience, with emphasis on marketing, PR, branding, commercial real estate, hospitality, sales and new business development
- Proven experience leading, coaching and directing high-powered teams
- Strong experience and clear understanding of brand marketing principles and best practices
- Keen understanding of hospitality with a commitment to superior client service (both internally and externally)
- Excellent strategic and organizational skills, with a demonstrated ability to solve problems and take ownership of processes and results
- Powerful communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to articulate ideas clearly and quickly
- Strong branding, written, creative and graphical skills, with the ability to articulate ideas clearly and quickly
- Proven experience with digital marketing and social media
- Ability to forge trusting, strong relationships with guests, tenants, retailers, community and business leaders, partners, media and agencies to build lasting partnerships
- Passion and enthusiasm for hospitality, community outreach, communication, retail and event production
- Basic knowledge of retail/property management duties, property operating rhythms and typical operating calendar
- Agency management experience
Compensation and Benefits
NAP’s Marketing Director position will include an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, life, and 401(k). It will provide a competitive salary based upon the candidate’s experience.
About North American Properties
NAP upholds a professional and deadline-oriented working environment, offering a fast-paced and dynamic atmosphere where all associates are given the opportunity to learn and grow. NAP offers its associates a great deal of variety in projects, which are guided by the strategic direction and goals of the company and property.
We look forward to hearing from you!