Overview of Job Description
The Operations Accountant will work with the development accounting team, real estate accounting team, portfolio accounting team, Senior Treasury Analyst, Controller and Finance leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities
In order to perform daily duties and responsibilities, the Operations Accountant must:
- Provide and perform accounting for the 9 NAP operating companies including posting of journal entries and cash receipts into the general ledger
- Analyze invoices for proper coding and ensure the cash position supports payment of invoices on a timely basis
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule. Reconciliations relate to cash accounts, receivables, payables, accruals, revenue, notes payable and other debt obligations
- Analyze revenues and expenses to ensure application of proper accounting
- Reconcile receivables, payables and accruals to other in-house entities
- Prepare quarterly reforecasts and annual operating budgets
- Present executive level reporting related to operating companies to CFO and COO
- Identify and develop improvement opportunities within existing processes
- Determine and monitor cash requirements for the 9 NAP operating companies on a recurring basis
- Backup the accounting related to the payroll process
- Other responsibilities and projects as assigned
The ideal candidate must demonstrate:
The Operations Accountant must be deadline driven, detail oriented, and a team player with a positive attitude who demonstrates flexibility. The ideal candidate must have the ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from management to accomplish objectives.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Strong understanding of accounting practice and its application
- 3+ years accounting/finance experience
- Experience with Real Estate accounting is preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and take ownership of processes and results
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
Compensation and Benefits
North American Properties’ Operations Accountant position will include an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, life, and 401(k). It will provide a competitive salary based on the candidate’s experience.
About North American Properties
NAP is a fast pace and dynamic atmosphere where all associates are given the opportunity to learn and grow. Our associates benefit from a great deal of variety in projects, each guided by the strategic direction and goals of the company.
We look forward to hearing from you!