Overview of Job Description
The Senior Development Accountant has primary financial reporting responsibility for Development, General Contractor, and related ownership entities for special development projects as assigned. The Development Accountant manages the monthly construction loan draw process in accordance with the requirements of the Construction Loan Agreement.
Duties and Responsibilities
In order to perform daily duties and responsibilities, the Senior Development Accountant must:
- Responsible for the processing, reviewing, job cost tracking and general ledger posting of construction loan draws for multiple projects
- Assist in documenting proforma estimates
- Communicating with project managers, lenders, vendors and external parties to manage draw requests / requirements
- Oversee lien waiver maintenance and subcontractor insurance verification
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of job costs and general ledger development accounts
- Assist in preparing monthly cost projections and development estimates as well as any ad hoc reporting as requested
- Prepare and post journal entries and cash receipts into the general ledger
- Provide invoice coding or review coding done by other members of the team
- Determine and monitor cash requirements for numerous entities on a recurring basis
- Analyze receivables, payables and accruals and ensure proper accounting is consistently applied
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for cash, receivable, payables, accruals, notes payable and other debt obligations
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and supporting schedules as required
- Prepare reports for lenders and respond to requests for additional information
- Facilitate, monitor and support loan compliance and lender reporting requirements
- Special projects as assigned, often of a confidential, complex and/or urgent nature
- Assist and direct less experienced members of team as necessary and/or requested
- Other responsibilities as assigned
The ideal candidate must demonstrate:
The Senior Development Accountant must be deadline driven, detail oriented, and a team player and possess a positive attitude and demonstrated flexibility. The ideal candidate will also have residential real estate experience and the ability to act and operate independently to accomplish objectives.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance
- 5 or more years of accounting/finance experience
- Demonstrated understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience in Real Estate Development Accounting preferred
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Demonstrated ability to assume ownership, work independently, and achieve results
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Compensation and Benefits
North American Properties’ Senior Development Accountant position will include an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, life, and 401(k). It will provide a competitive salary based on the candidate’s experience.
About North American Properties
North American Properties upholds a professional and deadline‐oriented working environment in an office setting. S/he will be expected to interact with internal and external contacts on a daily basis.
NAP is a fast pace and dynamic atmosphere where all associates are given the opportunity to learn and grow. NAP offers its employees a great deal of variety in projects, which are guided by the strategic direction and goals of the company.
We look forward to hearing from you!