We are continuing to monitor new legislation that addresses aid packages, payroll provisions, and tax implications for small businesses. The below guidelines offer information that we believe our restaurant and retail owners will find helpful:
· NOTE: As of April 16, 2020, the PPP program has run out of funds. Congress may replenish funding, in which case this listing will be updated.
Local and national governments and financial technology companies are offering loan options to support small businesses during this time. Small Business Association (SBA) loans typically come with lower interest rates and are guaranteed by the government (disclosure on website: Notice: Lapse in Appropriations SBA is unable to accept new applications at this time for the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL)-COVID-19 related assistance program (including EIDL Advances) based on available appropriations funding. Applicants who have already submitted their applications will continue to be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.).
Additional loan alternatives include Intuit QuickBooks Capital, Square Capital, Kabbage, Toast, and Facebook. We encourage our small business owners to research the course of action that makes the most sense for their business. Regarding banking institutions, please find our update and bank resources links below:
All banks are actively working to find ways to assist their customers through these difficult times. Many are offering:
· New funding relief loans for small businesses
· 90-day payment deferrals
· Loan & credit card payment relief, including no late fees
· Waived fees for excessive withdrawals or overdrafts on certain accounts
· Not initiating repossession actions against bank-financed property / assets / vehicles
· Suspending foreclosure actions on residential properties
Please reach out to your existing banking relationship for specific details on which resources are available to you. We are happy to provide support & lender contact information to you & your employees.
· Ally https://www.ally.com/coronavirus-response/
· Bank of America https://about.bankofamerica.com/promo/assistance/latest-updates-from-bank-of-america-coronavirus
· BBVA Compass https://www.bbvausa.com/special/covid19.html
· BMO Harris https://www.bmoharris.com/main/personal/bmo-branches-coronavirus-update/
· Capital One https://www.capitalone.com/coronavirus/
· Charles Schwab https://www.schwab.com/faqs
· Citi Bank https://online.citi.com/US/JRS/pands/detail.do?ID=covid19
· Citizens Bank https://www.citizensbank.com/learning/coronavirus/overview.aspx
· Fifth Third https://www.53.com/content/fifth-third/en/alerts/covid-support.html
· Huntington https://www.huntington.com/coronavirus?icmpid=coronavirus:latest_response
· JP Morgan / Chase Bank https://www.chase.com/digital/resources/coronavirus
· PNC https://www.pnc.com/en/customer-service/coronavirus-update.html
· Regions https://www.regions.com/about-regions/community-engagement/coronavirus
· Truist (SunTrust & BB&T) https://www.truist.com/coronavirus-response/banking-solutions
· Truist (SunTrust & BB&T) The CARES Act | Overview of the Paycheck Protection Program
· UBS Coronavirus Relief Resources for US Business Owners
· US Bank https://www.usbank.com/splash/covid-19.html
· Valley Bank https://www.valley.com/coronavirus
· Wells Fargo https://www.wellsfargo.com/jump/enterprise/coronavirus-response
· A Summary of SBA Distance Assistance Loans Program can be found here
· Keeping American Workers Paid and Employed Act, One-Pager Document
· Keeping American Workers Paid and Employed Act Section-by-Section Document
· Financial Assistance Tracker for Businesses Article from Inc.
· Homebase COVID-19 Resource Center
· Save Small Business Fund from the US Chamber of Commerce Foundation (added April 16, 2020) - The application will take about 10 minutes to complete. All you will need is your business's W-9 form. Grants will be awarded on a weekly basis, but businesses will only need to apply once to be eligible for funding. The application will go live on April 20, 2020, at 12:00PM PT (note: the time on the website indicates Pacific Time). Click here on April 20th for the application.
The safety and stability of employees and their families is essential. Important information about unemployment benefits, guidelines for working remotely and local opportunities for support can be found below.
· Managing Health and Safety: The CDC is continuously updating its recommendations for businesses and employers here.
· For businesses operating, please review the CDC’s recommendation on how to protect yourself and your employees here.
· Supporting Employees and their families: There are a number of non-profit organizations and crowdfunding websites mobilized to provide resources, meals, and relief to those working in the hospitality and service industry and their families. In Atlanta as well as the entire State of Georgia, The Giving Kitchen is committed to serving Georgia's food service community as they work to stay in the fight during COVID-19. Click here for more information.
With the challenges we are all facing and the inevitable hard work that lies ahead, we want to be here to support you, your business, and your employees during this time. With our active social media presence and supportive communities—we are a resource to you all and we want you to utilize our platform however it serves you best right now. We would love the opportunity to partner with you in either promoting an existing virtual experience or collaborate on bringing a virtual experience to life on our social media channels.
A few examples of virtual campaigns our teams have collaborated on:
· #AvalonAtHome campaign- To encourage our community to practice social distancing and stay home, we launched the Avalon At Home series: multiple ways to experience your favorite activities along the Boulevard from the comfort of your home such as virtual workout, carry-out dining, and video tutorial experiences featuring Avalon tenants. It has been picked up by numerous media outlets including WSB-TV.
· See a Heart, Share a Heart campaign- Inspired by the heart symbol in the Midtown Atlanta brand, the campaign encourages residents and business owners to design their own hearts, share them on Instagram and post the hearts in street-facing windows referenced in the AJC.
Specifically, at the property level, we've outlined additional services and resources available:
· Mobile Concierge: Avalon’s Concierge Team is available to answer your questions via text message at 833-650-0727.
· Pickup (for restaurants): To-Go and Curbside or “contact-less” pickup is currently available at participating restaurants. In addition, restaurants offering delivery and partnering with vendors like Uber Eats, have waived delivery fees for customers. There are also three dedicated pickup and drop off location zones for curbside pickup and delivery providers.
· Gift cards: Consumers have demonstrated an interest in buying gift cards at businesses to support them during closure and quarantine. Offering full-price or providing extra incentives when purchasing gift cards at higher amounts or in bulk is a great way for your loyal customers to support you.
· For more information including a current list of tenant updates at Avalon, please click here.
· The City of Atlanta Government has launched a new website, #ATLStrong, which provides resources, guidelines, and information about COVID-19 and its impact on Atlanta. As they continue to receive information about COVID-19, the City will provide Atlantans with accurate and timeline information. Atlantans can sign up for emergency text messages and get the latest news. Click here for details.
· For more information including a list of tenant updates at Colony Square, please click here.
Newport On The Levee:
· The City of Newport’s Emergency Business Assistance Program is offering incentives of up to $500 a month that small business owners and operators can use for rent, lease or mortgage payments during the business closures ordered due to the virus. For more information, please click here
· To file an unemployment claim for Kentucky, visit kcc.ky.gov
· For COVID-19 specifics in Kentucky, click here. For Ohio, click here
· For more information including a list of tenant updates at Newport On The Levee, please click here.